Sunday, December 09, 2007

Life in Jacksonville...

Psalm 136 closes the "Great Hallel" and contains the refrain, after each of its 26 verses, "for His Mercy Endures Forever." I feel amazingly blessed by Him as I go through treatment for the cancer that He, in His infinite wisdom, has seen fit to allow into my life. What could be more amazing than that He would lead us to Proton Therapy -- http://kohlin.com/Proton.htm -- when even my urologist didn't tell me about such treatment.

Some of you may remember that I like trains. God used Christian friends to lead us to a place to stay here in Jacksonville that is close to a busy rail line. I can listen all day (and night) to train horns at the nearby grade crossing. What could be better than that?

Let me tell you. God also gave us a place to stay that is close to a PCA church filled with caring people, people who understand the meaning of prayer, and Christian Fellowship, and what it means to be children of our Heavenly Father. We have found amazing connections with the people of Ortega Presbyterian Church -- http://www.ortegapres.org/ -- and are looking forward to worshipping and praying with them during our stay here. Surely "..His Mercy Endures Forever."

I've completed three treatments (Wed, Thu, and Fri) and have had the weekend "off." Yesterday Anita and I went up to Amelia Island. It was a perfect Florida day, sunny and warm, and we found a lovely restaurant for lunch, a lonely beach to wander on while collecting sea shells, an historic town (Fernandina) to wander through, and last but not least, a train to chase as we left town. Psalm 23 comes to mind: "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Amen and Amen!

Here's the Prince of Amelia Island.


No comments: