Sunday, November 18, 2007

Another Prayer Request

My sister in Wisconsin called this evening to tell me that our mother had suffered a stroke. She was given a CT scan that was inconclusive, and will undergo further tests on Monday. Presently she appears to be resting comfortably, and the doctors say she is stable. But she can't communicate and has weakness in her right side.

She had just celebrated her 88th birthday on November 10; a birthday that she shared with Martin Luther. Please pray that, if it be His will, God would lay his healing hand upon her and give her many more years with her family.
In 2003 my wife organized a surprise birthday party for me, and Mom, my siblings and their families came to help celebrate. Above is my Mom and her children. From the left, baby sister Roxanne, myself, sister Rita LaNou, Mom, and brother Rod.
This is our extended family. From the left, my son Jeff and Amy Kohlin, John and Roxanne Sule, myself, Rita and Jim LaNou, our mother Harriet Kohlin, Rod and Jill Kohlin.

No comments: