Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ten more Days...

I'm not as good as I should be at updating this thing. It's ten days since my last post and I've now completed 13 (of 42) of my treatments -- over 1/4 of the way through now. I've been doing a lot of reading and found an excellent used bookstore nearby.
I mentioned before that we live near the Naval Air Station here in Jacksonville. They fly a lot of these aircraft -- P-3 Orions -- around this area and evenings apparently are their times of choice to do their practice landings. I stepped out the back door the other evening and made this photograph of one turning final. I should mention that often, instead of doing the normal "downwind leg - base leg - final approach" to the runway, they will make what some know as a "Carrier Approach" in which they come downwind and then make a sweeping turn to short final. It's neat to watch.

Mimi and Bert tell me the bird pictured below is some variation of Muscovy Duck, and I happily defer to their superior knowledge. Thanks, friends. There are a lot of Canadian Geese around here, but they prefer the river to the parking lots.
Anita spoke with a cousin last evening, and found out that he too has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Seems to be a lot of that going around, but I suspect it's being discovered more often now with modern diagnostics and blood tests. We'll be praying for Dennis, that he too finds the best course of treatment for him. I've put up some on my web site, at http://kohlin.com/Proton.htm; please take a look.


No comments: