Thursday, December 27, 2007

One-third of the way...

Last evening (Wednesday) I had my 14th Proton treatment, which leaves only 28 to go. Hopefully these will go by as quickly as did the first 14.

Each week I meet with my doctor to review progress of the treatment. Side effects have been minimal and tolerable to this point. My vitals have been pretty constant, except for my weight being up a couple pounds last evening. I guess I have to blame that on Al and Elaine Fricke and on Clive and Hyacinth Stephenson, whose generous hospitality we enjoyed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Anita and I give thanks to God for the bringing new friends into our lives. We've gotten to know a lot of other patients at UF Proton Therapy Institute, folks from all around the country. We've been worshipping with the folks at Ortega Presbyterian Church and have enjoyed a wonderful fellowship with them. Reminds me of Pauls words in the Epistle to the Romans, chapter 8:28: "..we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are the called according to His purpose." Surely it is a very good thing to find new brothers and sisters in Christ.

We will complete my course of treatment, God willing, near the end of January. We'll return home for a time and depending on how soon my routine returns to normal, will be planning a visit to Wisconsin to see my mother. She still has a feeding tube but is responsive to stimulii and we have hopes for recovery from her stroke. We understand that she enjoyed Christmas worship with my sister and her family; for that we give thanks. Your continuing prayers on her behalf are very much appreciated.

As mentioned above, we had a sweet time of fellowship over the Christmas Holiday with some of our new friends. we shared greetings with many old friends, and we greet those of you who are reading this. "May the Peace of God, which transcends all understanding, guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Amen."

No comments: